(1) Develop a consistent approach to Asset Management across all Ministries, Department and Agency (MDAs) of government with the exemption of assets concessioned to an operator under a Public-Private Partnership Agreement.
(2) Create an Asset Register that means international standards
(3) Draw up master plan towards management maintenance of assets in the State.
(4) Create performance benchmarks.
(5) Determine service levels for each asset class.
(6) Establish assessment procedure for state assets.
(7) Act as consultant in conjunction with the MDAs of government in facility Management and maintenance.
(8) Ensure compliance with relevant statutory provisions.
(9) Monitor and co-ordinate outsourced facility management services.
(10) Plan, implement and monitor all private and state owned assets.
(11) Supervise all aspects of facilities management and maintenance with a view to ensuring that all public assets, facilities and installations are operating at optimal capacity.
(12) Approve and register facility managers.
(13) Perform periodic audit of state- owned infrastructure and assets and advise on the maintenance or disposal of such assets.
(15) Co-ordinate the perform of outsourcing of management scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance works, including but not limited to general cleaning, fumigation, Painting, furniture works and fixtures, mechanical and electrical maintenance, replacement of spare parts, maintenance of sewage and drainage systems and horticultural requirements of all and any other.
(16) Any other function that may be necessary for the attainment of the objectives of this Law.
- Provide for the effective preservation and Maintenance of Assets owned or controlled by the State Government;
- Provide a uniform management framework for sustainability, efficiency and accountability in the use and management of such assets;
- Ensure coordination in the use of assets within t services delivery objectives of the State Government.
- Optimize the cost of service delivery by –
- Ensuring proper monitoring and accountability for Capital and recurrent works;
- Establishing a system for regular maintenance and Refurbishment of assets;
- Undertaking proper disposal of used assets;
- Improving health and safety in the working environment.
To improve functionality and quality of infrastructure as well as encourage a more sustainable maintenance industry and culture in Lagos.
A State with sustainable and qualitative infrastructure/public Facilities that support social and Economic growth and development.
Provide enduring public Facilities and infrastructure for all citizens of Lagos State.